SOCAR’s Oil and Gas Construction Trust was founded from the Azerdenizneftinshaat Trust (founded in 1949) and the Khezerdenizneftgaztikinti Trust (founded in 1979), for the maintenance and construction of deepwater and shallow water offshore facilities and onshore facilities for SOCAR’s divisions and organizations.
The world’s first major offshore petroleum production, processing, and transportation project was the Neft Dashlari (Oil Rocks) in the Caspian Sea. For the first time in the world in 1949, the Trust did challenging construction work, built a 24-acre man made island, and started building piers and platforms at Neft Dashlari.
The Trust has the following divisions, including 8 construction companies with different specialties, a specialized construction repair company, a road building and maintenance company, a specialized trucking company, a reinforced concrete plant, a trucking company, a heavy equipment division, an agricultural division, an office in Georgia, an office in Abu Dhabi, an economics and accounting department, a quality control department, and Center of welding technology, testing of welding joints by destructive and non-destructive methods.
At present, the company is performing the following work and services in all parts of the Republic of Azerbaijan, including the Gunashli and Neft Dashlari fields, on the Gum Adasi, Chilov, Khara-Zira and other islands, and as a contractor for different clients (as well as other SOCAR divisions):
• The construction of trunk oil-gas-water flowlines of different diameters offshore (at depths of up to 150 m);
• The construction of offshore and onshore gas compressor stations;
• The construction of underground gas storage tanks;
• The construction of offshore piers (0-30m);
• The construction of ports and port facilities;
• The construction of offshore and onshore terminals and a variety of facilities for gathering, storing, processing, and transporting oil;
• Construction of fixed platforms in shallow and deep water areas (10-150 m);
• Installation of field electrical power systems;
• Installation of subsea high voltage cable lines;
• Installation of high voltage overhead power lines;
• Metal corrosion protection;
• Civil engineering;
• Production of reinforce concrete;
• Concreting of pipes of different diameters for subsea pipelines;
• Asphalt-concrete production;
• Building and paving, roads, streets, and sites;
• Supplying a variety of building materials and equipment;
• Certification of welders for compliance with international standards;
• Testing of welding joints by destructive and non-destructive methods.
Starting in 2002, the Trust was awarded the following international certificates, including: TSE-ISO-EN-9002 - Quality Control Systems Certification, TSE-ISO-EN 14001 - Environmental Management Standards Certification, TS-18001 - Occupational Health and Safety Management System Standard Certification, ISO/IEC 17024 - Certification for Criteria of Competence of Personal (Welders) and TS EN ISO/IEC 17025 - Competence of Inspection and Testing Certification.
Head of the Department: Mirkazim Abasov
Address: 54 Elif Hajıyev Street, Baku, AZ1060, Azerbaijan
Phone: (+99412) 521 07 80/81
Fax: (+99412) 422 30 50