Petkim was established under the leadership of TPAO in April, 1965.
It started its activities by the construction of five plants of Yarımca Petrochemical Complex in 1970. Afterwards, other divisions of the company became operational. The second complex of Petkim equipped with the state-of-art technologies and optimal production capacity became operational in 1985 in Aliaga region of Izmir.
read more +
SOCAR&Turcas Energy A.S acquired 51% of the shares of Petkim Petrochemicals Holding in the amount of USD 2.04 billion in the tender dated May 30, 2008. At present, there are low-density polyethylene, high-density polyethylene, polypropylene, polivinil chloride, ethylene glycol, purified acid, aromatic hydrocarbons, ethylene-propylene, chlorine alkali, vinyl chloride monomer, plastic works and phthalic anhydride factories operating within Petkim. The petrochemical products produced by Petkim, which supplies the Turkish industry with raw materials, are widely used in construction, agriculture, electricity, electronic, textiles industry including medical, dying, detergent and cosmetic sectors.
In 2010 Petkim Petrochemicals Holding has achieved in a historical record in 46 years of operations in terms of production, export and production capacity percentages.
Petkim is ranked in 12th in the Largest 500 Industrial Firms carried out by Istanbul Chamber of Industry, 20th in the Largest 1000 Exporters by Turkish Council of Exporters, third in the Aegean 100 Largest Industrial Firms and the Largest Exporter by the Aegean Chamber of Commerce.